Thursday, March 11, 2010

It Takes a Village to Raise a Child




I get so happy when people approach me and say: "Your son is so smart", or "He looks like such a happy little boy"; I usually respond with an oversized smile and several thank you's, but all along I am conscious the effort is not mine alone. My friends and family are the one's my heart really wants to thank.

Thank you for doing the dishes while I change diapers. Thank you for watching Finding Nemo and Pocoyo with Amaru for the millionth time, and still pretend is all new to you. Thank you for listening and letting me vent. Thank you for babysitting when I have a date, and for listening to how bad it went afterwards. Thank you for helping me with the stroller up and down the stairs, several times a day, several days a week. Thank you for saying "fudge" instead of fuck and "toño" instead of coño when Amaru is around. Thank you for letting me know is going to be OK. Thank you for carrying my load when I can't carry it myself.

5 comments:

Anabelle said...

uff! que bello amiga! Amaru is the cutest...you are doing a great job!

Paola Chaljub said...

Te queremos mucho negrita! y el compromiso de cuidar de ti y de NUESTRO Amaru es eterno! Muahhh!!

Unknown said...

Yo no voy a decir mucho, porque tu sabes que Amaru ha aportado muchas sensaciones, emociones y sentimientos que nadie en el presente (en el sentido infantil) puede aportar. Tu no sabes el brinco que me da el corazon cuando ese enano dice que es de la Tia Alexxxx!!!

Love u woman!!! You're a great mom!

Yadi said...

You are incredible woman and a phenomenal mother! You are doing a wonderful job! Amaru is truly a beautiful and smart little boy...very very lovable like his mommy!

Erika Morillo said...

Gracias amigas,

Las experiencias de la vida son mejores compartidas...thank you for coming along with me on this ride.